Embedded content from other websites
Articles on this site may include embedded content (e.g. videos, images, articles, etc.). Embedded content from other websites behaves in the exact same way as if the visitor has visited the other website.
Who we share your data with
How long we retain your data
If you leave a comment, the comment and its metadata are retained indefinitely. This is so we can recognize and approve any follow-up comments automatically instead of holding them in a moderation queue.
For users that register on our website (if any), we also store the personal information they provide in their user profile. All users can see, edit, or delete their personal information at any time (except they cannot change their username). Website administrators can also see and edit that information.
What rights you have over your data
If you have an account on this site, or have left comments, you can request to receive an exported file of the personal data we hold about you, including any data you have provided to us. You can also request that we erase any personal data we hold about you. This does not include any data we are obliged to keep for administrative, legal, or security purposes.
Where we send your data
Visitor comments may be checked through an automated spam detection service.
- A user has the right:
- of access to their Personal Information stored and processed by us. This may be done by emailing us at the address referred to in clause 5.3 below;
- to rectification of Personal Information that we hold on a user’s behalf, in instances where such Personal Information is incorrect or incomplete;
- of erasure of Personal Information (“right to be forgotten”) if such information is no longer needed for the original processing purpose, alternatively if a user withdraws their consent and there is no other reason or justification to retain such Personal Information, further alternatively, if a user has objected to such Personal Information being processed and there is no justified reason for the processing of such Personal Information;
- to restrict/suspend processing of Personal Information to only that which is strictly necessary for us to perform our services to you;
- to withdraw their consent at any time, if processing of Personal Information is based on consent;
- to object to processing of Personal Information, if such processing is based on legitimate interests; and
- to object to the processing of Personal Information for direct marketing purposes.